Povo Dumpling Soup
So all you have in your freezer is last winter's frozen dumplings and all you have on your selves are random basics. This is how you combine them into a tasty but otherwise unremarkable soup.
You Will Need
- dumplings (I'm going to assume they are frozen, who honestly makes their own and where did you get your lackadaisical lifestyle, anyway?)
- coriander seeds
- spring onions
- random oil for frying
- sesame oil for splashing
You Will Do
- Do a quick fry up of the the chopped garlic and chilli, grated ginger and ground coriander (I used olive oil, but only because I didn't have any sunflower or vegetable oil - it is povo soup, remember?)
- Once that's smelling good, add
nbowls of stock, 1 for each bowl of soup you want, bringing it to the boil, splash in some sesame oil, not too much!
- Add the dumps, cook according to instructions - a slow boil for 10-15 minutes should work
- Add the spring onions maybe 5 minutes before it's ready, you could also add bok-choy or similar, but you wouldn't want to be a bourgeois git, would you? (no offence, Karenski)
- Serve, some fresh coriander for ganish would have been nice, oh well